So much to catch up on!
1. Last week was Kansas City Restaurant Week and with my work schedule I was only really able to go to one place, North with the fam. This was a more modern Italian restaurant and in such a cute atmosphere. We all enjoyed our dishes (even though mom and I switched), I enjoyed the pork tenderloin atop white polenta. Yum.
2. Another new place I tried was Frida’s. They are a very authentic Mexican restaurant, boasting dishes straight out of Mexico City such as Chile en Nogada. Nogal in spanish is Walnut tree, and this dish focused on the walnuts, making a sauce out of them along with sweet steak and pomegranates. It was an interesting try! Their fish tacos were also amazing.
3. I have been to 3 acupuncture sessions now for my back pain and I can honestly say it has improved! I am a firm believer in preventative care and have loved learning more about Chinese Medicine. My treatment yesterday involved cupping (with air, not fire) and moxibustion as well. (Don’t worry mom, click the links to see it’s not that scary)
4. The past 2 Sundays have been full of some sunshine so the dog park was absolutely packed. I took the quiz asking which dog you were and got a Shibu Inu. It’s funny because Allen and I were talking about one at the dog park and how well mannered it was.
5. I had heard about a place in KC where you can learn lots of info on coffee, so yesterday I checked out About the Coffee which was so much fun. They teach you about the locally roasted coffees and demonstrate any method of brewing you could ever imagine. I found out they also do latte art classes on Saturday so I am excited to try that out soon and check another item off my list! Speaking of coffee, a new coffee shop opens today literally 2 blocks away from me. Dangerous?
My dad is coming into town tonight and we are going to see Alton Brown, one of our fav celebs, I am soooo excited!