Happy Friday! Here are some of my favorite things from the past week
1. Smoked salmon from Fritz’s. Oh my goodness. I thought I preferred the thinly sliced, Trader Joe’s version, but this is a whole new level. It isn’t dry in the least and the only word that can really do it justice is succulent. YUM.
2. Brunch. Yes this is a repeat offender pretty much every weekend I don’t work, but I love it! I tried a new place, Summit Grill and Bar (formerly Remedy) and they did a great salmon salad. (Maybe salmon should be an item of it’s own..) Allen got the Irish breakfast which consisted of different types of sausages and eggs. I learned “White Pudding” is in fact a sausage, who knew.
3. Dean & Deluca. My mom and I went to lunch there yesterday and Ric, the owner was so kind. He let us try many samples (another favorite!) and was just so welcoming and engaging in conversation. We ended up settling on the basil pesto chicken salad, haricot vert, shrimp, orzo salad and marinated mushrooms.
4. Holiday Botique. Mom and I had last been in either 2010 or 2011, when we saw Hope from Days of Our Lives. This year, we didn’t have any celebrity spottings but we did manage to get some goodies!
I loved the art from Carly, the owl wreath, and I got an owl candle warmer 🙂
I also found a new scarf, KC shirt, and a waistband that will actually fit my big phone. And I may have been really excited to hear Christmas songs.
5. Seasons changing. As much as I hate the cold, there is something exciting about the way the seasons change, opening up room in your life for other changes. I just wish the colorful leaves would stay around even longer.
What are some of your favorites this week?